Develop and implement strategies and tactics to strengthen our client's position as a leader in the building materials/home products category. Develop product, marketing and related strategies to significantly increase market share and to deliver bottom line financial performance similar to overall company business units.
Directly lead and manage all aspects of Product Development and Management. Lead a matrix organization to ensure that sales, manufacturing, logistics and all functions are aligned toward improvement goals. Maintain close relationships with major internal and external customers to fully understand threats and Market Opportunities.
Major Functions & Scope
• Manages entire product segment including development, management and delivery on strategic plan.
• Manages P&L for segment and drives growth and profitability levels to achieve/exceed budget and prior year through product, pricing and delivery.
• Excellent coalition building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders including C level executives.
• Balance business needs of multiple business units by ensuring profitability and growth to stakeholders.
• Cultivate a strong and transparent working relationship with other executives across and within business units.
• Align with Sales, Operations, Purchasing and Manufacturing teams to identify and implement integrated approaches to further strengthen the competitive position within the industry.
• Utilize market research and trend analysis to drive strategy in all product categories.
• Rationalize the delivery of programs through new and existing products and partnerships and determine sourcing strategy.
• Provide inspirational leadership and direction to peers, subordinates as well as collaborative relationships with executive teams throughout the company.
• Gather and utilize intelligence on competitive product, pricing and promotion and compile analysis with field sales and dealer networks to enhance market research/market intelligence collection.
• Work closely with logistics to drive appropriate inventory levels and turns.
• Make strategic recommendations regarding product assortment that will also address tactical issues.
• Create product strategy and oversee product presentations and field sales/dealer training.
• Create new product positioning and establish recommended price points.
• Identify promotional opportunities and develop and execute comprehensive marketing plans and programs to support promotional activities for the category to include sales promotions, POP information and performance reports.
• Drive all product related marketing activities and ensures that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets and P&L.
• Create and manage sample budgets to control sample manufacturing expenses.
• Make product presentations to major customers/field sales.
• Drive quality and claims level to world class level.
Four-year college degree in Marketing or related field with a minimum of 10 years successful sales and/or product marketing experience in the building products industry. MBA preferred.
• Extensive product management experience in a cross-functional environment is required. Involving successfully organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation while fostering team collaboration and task commitment.
For confidential consideration please forward your resume & cover letter via email with the phrase VP Marketing TXM, on the subject line.